Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bonnets!

I just made seven of these bonnets for a customer. She is using them as Easter gifts for all the little girls in her life. I thought that was an adorable idea! Traditionally, I think an Easter bonnet is a hat, but these work too! I searched the web high and low for the perfect tutorial - but in the end, I just ended up working up my own pattern and method.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Madeline wasn't too happy that she didn't get to keep one - her bonnet from plow days isn't quite as special as this one. So now I guess I have to make another one.

Photobucket Photobucket
I tried several different ways of gathering the back of the bonnet, but in the end - shirring won out! It's fast and easy and looks really nice too. Win-win-win!

Photobucket

Yes, the tutorial is coming. I thought it would be a waste to make 7 of these and not take some pictures. :)


Molly


p.s. If you are reading this, can you comment and let me know if my pictures look ginormous? They look fine on my screen, but I recently looked at my blog from my mom's computer and I had to scroll over to the right to see my pictures and I'm hoping it's not like that for the rest of you. (You know, the three people that still read this blog.) ;)


p.p.s. I really should dedicate this post to my absolutely angelic baby boy. I fully expected to be out of commission in the sewing department for awhile after his birth, but he's an angel, I tell you. Tomorrow I'm tackling my first "boy" sewing project, so I'll have an excuse soon to show his sweet little face.


p.p.p.s. Remember when you were a kid and you would try to add as many pppppps's to a letter as you could because you thought it was cool? What? That was just me? Never mind, then. Over and out.

5 comments:

  1. Your Pictures are Big,but on my Computer they look great

    BTW I searched high and low for a Plain Bonnet on etsy...My Daughter has a large Port wine stain Birthmark on her face and cannot have any sun on it as she is undergoing Laser surgery to diminish the color of the birthmark. My email is mscarlydance@gmail.com...Let me know if you are going to put any of these in your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a really big computer screen so it might be different on someone else's computer but I think your pictures are a good size. I used to add as many ppppppps's as I could too. Even if it meant adding more pages I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pictures are large but not too large. I don't have to scroll across to see even a bit of them. (great size for tutorial pics!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading in Reader and the pictures look great. I came over to your actual blog and the pictures are still fine. Maybe your mom needs to adjust her screen? Cute bonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pics look good here. It's probably just your mom's monitor settings.

    ReplyDelete